Function of Plant Department
Plant Department is responsible for upkeepment of various M&P’s of the factory including material handlingequipment’s. It is also responsible for maintenance of S&T equipment’s & Management of Technical Training Centre. A brief function of various areas under Plant Organisation are as under:
(A): Related to M&P Maintenance & Safety:
1.Upkeepment of CNC machines, Non-CNC machines, Material Handling Equipment’s, Shell & Bogie Fabrication lines, Wheel Line Utilities etc.
2. Planning & Procurement of maintenance spares.
3. Planning & Procurement of new M&P’s under Plan Head 41.
4. Vehicle management for MCF/RBL.
5. Management of Safety related activities.
6. Upkeepment of Safety equipment like Fire Hydrant System, Fire Tenders, Fire Extinguisher etc.
(B): Related to Technical Training Centre:
1. Management of Training Programmes.
2. Planning & Development of Technical Training Centre Infrastructurelike creation of State of Art, Mechatronics& Automation Lab, WeldingLab, Computer Lab, Model Room etc.
3. Management of ISO & other Certifications related activities.
(C): Related to Signal & Telecommunication:
1. Planning & Development of various infrastructure related to Telecommunication, PA system, CCTV Surveillance etc.
2. Upkeepmentof Telecommunication system & Public Address, CCTV etc.
3. Co-ordination with various service providers like RailTel, BSNL, Reliance etc. for voice & Data services.